50-year-old woman lost 63 kg by giving up one drink: photos, details

By Jurassic JennMay 9, 2024 16:31 PMDiets and Nutrition
Share:
50-year-old woman lost 63 kg by giving up one drink
50-year-old woman lost 63 kg by giving up one drink. Source: www.prevention.com

A 50-year-old British woman has lost 63 kg by giving up an evening bottle of white wine - she gained most of the weight after suffering from septic shock.

This was reported by SSPDaily.

Jo Gurley, a quality assurance officer from Harlow, England, went to the doctor in 2018 after she began to suffer from heavy menstruation.

She claims that during an examination of her uterus, an unknown doctor accidentally perforated the mucous membrane, and within two days she went into septic shock.

"I was terrified and thought I was going to die. I was diagnosed with sepsis, and my body started to fail," she said. "I couldn't stop vomiting pure black liquid. I had a high fever, I could not refuse to eat. I took a lot of antibiotics, which made me even worse."

A year later, Gurley underwent a hysterectomy - her uterus and cervix were removed.

After returning home from her 12-month ordeal, she binged on cheese and wine for more than two years. In the end, Jo gained up to 136 kg.

"I didn't put a filter on my water. I would drink a bottle of wine and eat two packets of crisps a night," the Briton admitted. "The next thing I knew, I was heavier than the people around me. I went to a New Year's Eve party in 2021 and realized that all the other women had beautiful slender figures, and I felt disgusting. I knew I had to do something, otherwise I would never be happy," she recalled.

In February 2022, she needed surgery to remove an abdominal hernia, and for that she needed to lose weight. She was offered gastric bypass surgery, but Gurley "didn't trust another surgery."

"I knew gastric bypass would be easier. But I wanted to make the effort to lose weight on my own."

Gurley gradually lost more than 63 kilograms by replacing regular food with lighter meals, going to the gym and aqua fit classes.

"I used to end the evening with a glass of wine, but now I just drink a cup of decaf tea," she said.

Two years later, she weighed 72 kg.

"I cut everything out of my life to finally feel like myself again," she said. "I have never felt better. I am proud to show off my body."

Top Articles
Remain cautious in decision-making: Chinese horoscope for June 14

Remain cautious in decision-making: Chinese horoscope for June 14

Jun 14, 2024 18:52 PM
The spiritual significance of the white butterfly

What is the meaning of meeting a white butterfly? Mystical and spiritual meaning for success in love, career and better health

Jun 12, 2024 15:23 PM

What is the meaning of itchy left foot? Spiritual meaning and what it can bring to your life

Jun 12, 2024 14:53 PM

What is the meaning of the bird that crashed into the window? Spiritual meanings of the event and the symbolism of the winged ones

Jun 12, 2024 13:37 PM
More News
Representatives of three zodiac signs may experience sudden fame in near future

Representatives of three zodiac signs may experience sudden fame in near future

Jun 14, 2024 22:15 PM
Representatives of three zodiac signs can expect financial windfall

Representatives of three zodiac signs can expect financial windfall

Jun 14, 2024 21:57 PM

Blue smoke coming from the car: causes and solutions

Jun 14, 2024 21:39 PM

Representatives of three zodiac signs may suddenly relocate and change environment

Jun 14, 2024 21:32 PM
Representatives of three zodiac signs will better understand their passions and priorities

Jun 14, 2024 21:08 PM
How to get the most out of eating nuts

How to get the most out of eating nuts: 5 useful tips

Jun 14, 2024 21:03 PM
5 reasons to teach your child to give gifts

Not only to take, but also to give: 5 reasons to teach your child to give gifts

Jun 14, 2024 20:34 PM
Three signs will feel the sense of abundance and gratitude: Chinese horoscope for June 14

Jun 14, 2024 20:14 PM
How to properly care for your cat's coat

6 tips from experts on how to properly care for your cat's coat

Jun 14, 2024 20:05 PM

Opportunities for spiritual growth: Chinese horoscope for June 14

Jun 14, 2024 19:45 PM

How to learn to articulate your thoughts clearly: 4 useful tips

Jun 14, 2024 19:29 PM
Changes in their personal and professional life: Chinese horoscope for June 14

Changes in their personal and professional life: Chinese horoscope for June 14

Jun 14, 2024 19:18 PM
Pros and cons of a duplex apartment

Pros and cons of a duplex apartment: is it worth considering this housing option

Jun 14, 2024 19:03 PM
What to do if your computer won't start

What to do if your computer won't start: useful tips

Jun 14, 2024 18:37 PM
Five zodiac signs may find a fulfilling new hobby to explore this weekend

Five zodiac signs may find a fulfilling new hobby to explore this weekend

Jun 14, 2024 18:26 PM

Should you become a police officer: advantages and disadvantages of this occupation

Jun 14, 2024 18:09 PM

Representatives of three signs might feel interest in learning: horoscope for the second part of the week

Jun 14, 2024 17:56 PM
Three zodiac signs will feel adaptable to change: horoscope for weekend

Three zodiac signs will feel adaptable to change: horoscope for weekend

Jun 14, 2024 17:35 PM
Bass or electric guitar

Bass or electric guitar: what is the difference between them

Jun 14, 2024 17:35 PM
Representatives of the five zodiac signs can expand their social circles and form new connections this weekend

Jun 14, 2024 17:34 PM
Representatives of three zodiac signs will feel an upsurge in confidence: horoscope for second part of the week

Jun 14, 2024 17:09 PM
The best way to work out in the gym

The best way to work out in the gym: with or without a trainer

Jun 14, 2024 17:03 PM

Five zodiac signs will get unexpected news this weekend

Jun 14, 2024 16:39 PM

What is better to use for makeup: foundation or cushion

Jun 14, 2024 16:31 PM
Three zodiac signs will feel a strong pull towards nature: horoscope for the second part of the week

Jun 14, 2024 16:12 PM
Is it worth installing panoramic windows

Is it worth installing panoramic windows: their advantages and disadvantages

Jun 14, 2024 16:00 PM