The woman frankly admitted that she did not love her adopted daughter: "I'm so ashamed of it"

By Jurassic JennMar 26, 2024 17:35 PMPersonal Development
Share:
The woman frankly admitted that she did not love her adopted daughter
The woman frankly admitted that she did not love her adopted daughter. Source: www.elle.com

The woman admitted that she does not like her adopted daughter because she "only complains about the little problems in her life".

SSPDaily tells about it.

The housewife adopted her husband's biological daughter after their wedding last year. But since the 13-year-old girl took her into her life, she has made the woman's life a "living hell" with her "moody and rude" behavior.

On Reddit, she wrote: "I am so ashamed of this. My daughter is 13 years old. I adopted her last year. She is my husband's biological child, but her biological mother has been out of the picture since she was 18 months old. I sincerely wish her all the best, but damn it, I don't like her. I am a stay-at-home mom and I devote my life to her and her brother (my biological child). I take her to all her classes, talk to her about her interests and hobbies, meet her friends and arrange sleepovers. Honestly, I spend more time with her than I do with my biological son or husband, simply because of the nature of her schedule and activities."

She says that her daughter is a "good kid" on paper, as she "gets good grades and doesn't do drugs or anything like that," but that doesn't make her life any easier.

"At home, she is a nightmare. She is moody and rude," she added. "Every day I have to walk on eggshells around her. Any comment I make is met with a rude and acerbic reaction in return. She is a vile and inveterate liar. Every day I pick her up from school and her favorite snacks or drinks are waiting for her. I have music that she likes to listen to in the car. I try to greet her with a bright and sunny smile and ask her how her day was. Most of the time she greets me with the words "terrible". I ask her what happened, and she mentions something unbelievable like: "All my friends were trying to talk to me at the same time and I was so annoyed" or "I lost my pencil and it made me angry." The smallest things can completely ruin her day. She gets stuck in her emotions. She has no idea how good her life is. She has pushed all her friends away except one because her mood and attitude are very difficult to deal with."

The woman went on to explain how she had sent her daughter to therapy after "she had a particularly bad anger attack," but it hadn't improved the situation yet. But by forcing her to take this step, the mom admits that she needs therapy too, because she doesn't know how else to help her child.

She said: "We recently started therapy because she clearly can't communicate with me, and my feelings for her won't help this case. Wednesday will be our second session. I'm so nervous about it, I want to find out the cause of her problems as soon as possible so that we can be a happy family again. I honestly don't know why she is so unhappy and angry all the time, but it puts so much pressure on me. This is the moment when I have serious negative thoughts about her and I am afraid to communicate with her. The problem is that I feel like I'm trying to be a good mom and she's still angry, moody and thinks her life is terrible. I also know that this is normal teenage behavior. I feel resentful towards her. I grew up in a family where I had to tiptoe around an abusive alcoholic father and an unstable, mentally ill mother. I was not allowed to show resentment or anger. I think this makes me even angrier at her. It's terrible."

Looking for advice, she took to social media to ask users if there was anything she could do to help her and her daughter get out of this "horrible" situation.

In response, users wrote:

• My favorite thing about teenagers is how much they want to be left alone. You don't have to greet her with a sunny smile and cheerful conversation. Let her put on her headphones and relax in her hormonal moodiness. Just stand back. Go to therapy and give her space
  • I would stop asking how her day was. When she gets in the car, put on some music and don't say anything. She's a hormonal teenager. Welcome to hell. You may need to talk to someone to help you deal with this
  • My daughter is 13 years old. She is moody and wants to be left alone most of the time. I give her space and welcome interaction when she initiates it. I don't want to burst your bubble, but it's normal for teenagers to be moody and obnoxious. They do stupid things as they push boundaries and try to find themselves - it's part of growing up. Your stepdaughter is growing up, changing, and your idea of a happy family needs to change too, otherwise you will be disappointed
Top Articles
How to improve the smell in your car

How to improve the smell in your car: three effective ways

Apr 19, 2024 21:39 PM
How to deal with a bad mood in any situation

How to deal with a bad mood in any situation: three life hacks

Apr 19, 2024 21:03 PM

How to improve reading efficiency: 3 useful life hacks

Apr 19, 2024 20:34 PM

How to lift your mood: 5 effective ways

Apr 19, 2024 20:05 PM
More News
Terrified of driving a car?

Terrified of driving a car? These 5 tips will help you overcome the fear quickly

Apr 19, 2024 19:29 PM
How to get rid of an unpleasant odor in the car

How to get rid of an unpleasant odor in the car: three life hacks

Apr 19, 2024 19:03 PM

What to drink before bed to fall asleep: 3 life hacks

Apr 19, 2024 18:37 PM

Three zodiac signs will be inclined to creative pursuits and emotional expression: horoscope for April 20-21

Apr 19, 2024 18:12 PM
How to overcome emotional burnout at work

Experts tell how to overcome emotional burnout at work

Apr 19, 2024 18:09 PM
Should I eat fruits and vegetables that have come into contact with moldy foods

Should I eat fruits and vegetables that have come into contact with moldy foods and how dangerous is it?

Apr 19, 2024 17:35 PM
Financial success and relationship problems await this zodiac sign: horoscope for 2024

Apr 19, 2024 17:11 PM
How to preserve good eyesight in children

How to preserve good eyesight in children: four effective solutions

Apr 19, 2024 17:03 PM
Three zodiac signs should focus on finding balance: horoscope for April 20-21

Three zodiac signs should focus on finding balance: horoscope for April 20-21

Apr 19, 2024 16:43 PM

How to quickly grow hair: 4 effective tips

Apr 19, 2024 16:31 PM

How to keep your hair clean for a long time: 4 useful tips

Apr 19, 2024 16:00 PM
How to leash train a dog

How to leash train a dog: useful life hacks

Apr 19, 2024 15:33 PM
Tips for cat care

Tips for cat care: what to consider

Apr 19, 2024 15:10 PM
What does lighting in the house solve

What does lighting in the house solve: how to properly light rooms

Apr 19, 2024 14:39 PM
How to protect indoor plants from cats

How to protect indoor plants from cats: effective methods

Apr 19, 2024 14:39 PM

How to survive a black streak in life: tips from psychologists

Apr 19, 2024 14:01 PM

This zodiac sign needs to be careful and monitor your health: horoscope for 2024

Apr 19, 2024 13:58 PM
These zodiac signs can take on leadership positions

These zodiac signs can take on leadership positions

Apr 19, 2024 13:46 PM
How to replace bread in cutlets

How to replace bread in cutlets: 3 original solutions

Apr 19, 2024 13:37 PM
Five zodiac signs will face greed next week

Five zodiac signs will face greed next week

Apr 19, 2024 13:27 PM
Three zodiac signs will be lucky: horoscope for 19 April

Three zodiac signs will be lucky: horoscope for 19 April

Apr 19, 2024 13:06 PM
What does it mean when a stranger's cat comes to the house

What does it mean when a stranger's cat comes to the house: the meaning of the sign

Apr 19, 2024 13:04 PM

Three zodiac signs will feel a surge of inspiration: Chinese horoscope for 19 April

Apr 19, 2024 12:52 PM

What not to give for the wedding: folk signs

Apr 19, 2024 12:38 PM
Three zodiac signs will strengthen family ties: horoscope for April 20-21

Three zodiac signs will strengthen family ties: horoscope for April 20-21

Apr 19, 2024 12:21 PM
What does it mean when a stray animal follows you

What does it mean when a stray animal follows you: explanation of the sign

Apr 19, 2024 12:02 PM